Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner with Brush

Got it from Daituf in a love/birthday package I mentioned before (here).


This post is long overdue, but the time that has passed since i got this liner is exactly what makes this product an exceptional one. 

I see tons of reviews of high and low end gel liners, and one of the statements that make them all the same is that you need very little every time use it, thus the amount you get in the jars is impossible to use up before it dries out. And oh yes, they all dry out eventually, some does so in record time, others need more time, but the same end befalls all of them, without fail.

Well, nowadays I don't use this Elizabeth Arden liner that often, but when I do, I pay attention to screw the cap securely. The less air the product itself contacts with, the longer it takes to dry out. 

A good example for drying gel liners is my very first gel liner from 2009, the KATE one. I loved it so much! It didn't budge, smudge, made a streakless line, was truly black, etc, etc. But after a year or so it decided to retire from serving me and dried out. Creamy texture said bye-bye to me and crumbling took its place. After 2 or 3 tries of application with some helluva fallout I gave up and deemed it trash.

However, this Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue liner found me a little later that the KATE one, but it still works and is still creamy. It hasn't dried out! And this is the year 2012 I'm writing this! 
I know, hygiene fanatics must be screaming in pain that I haven't thrown it out yet, but unless it smells foul or my skin acts weird or gets irritated I will not throw away anything =D


The color is actually brown,but I'd say it's good for a not-pitch-black black too! 
Texture is very creamy and glides on easily.

It's not waterproof, but surprisingly it stays put even on my oily lids or during summer. 

I never expected this to be anything special, but it won me over.

It sells for around 12 dollars on ebay and holds 3.5 grams of product, which is a looooot =) Too bad it's discontinued.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***