Monday, February 13, 2012

Sigma brushes

As part of my December-January online shopping spree I ordered some more Sigma brushes, since they had free international shipping for a cyber monday sale. I think it was cyber monday, but correct me if I'm wrong. It was such a popular occasion that Sigma's site went down in a blink for half a day or so. It was a one day occasion, so imagine the brush-hoarders' attack on the website HAHA 
Thankfully Facebook was the saviour and there we were informed and everyone became more and more crazy when some girls were able to finalize their orders while the majority not. 

It was so exciting! *.* I'm a pervert to find this exciting but once I was in, it was tricky to navigate the pages, since the 404-error message was high on my heels =D

Anyway, it was worth it and here is my small haul:


3 brushes and a free gift brush

I fancy Sigma's packaging of red satchet. It seems to be basic coz my first order a year ago came in the same too.
BTW, is it possible that I missed to make a review for the brushes I bought then? o.O Yikes.....
Sorry, I'll repent my sins, promise!

First is the E65 Small Angle brush

Description: "Essential for the application of gel or cream eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. This brush is also excellent for filling out the eyebrows. Synthetic bristles."


For some reason it was easy to focus on the material used as background but not on the bristles hehe, sorry!

The letter on the wand are holographic! woot *.*


I bought this brush for eyebrow correction, nothing else, and I prefer it that way. However, it's stiff enough to be used as an eyeliner brush too, since the bristles are packed closely, no strays are to be found, and it doesn't wiggle, so the application of gel or cake liner would be precise too. 


Now it costs USD 9 which is super cool IMHO, and for that 9 dollars you get a really good brush!

Next brush is E40 Tapered blending brush

Description: "Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. Natural bristles."


What can I say? I love it! Such long bristles usally freak me out because I feel out of control and don't know  what will turn out of my blending, but this surprised me. It did not muddied up the blending nor did it sheered out the colors.


It sells for USD 11. Nice price, don't you think?


Next one is my latest addition to my sigmax HD babies: P84 Precision Angled brush


Description: "The P84 Precision Angled Brush is the perfect brush for precise, yet blended application of contouring products. It seamlessly applies cream, powder and liquid products to small areas. Features synthetic Sigmax HD fibers."


Pretty! *.* And so soft! ^.^ 
I have the F84 Angled Top Synthetic Kabuki brush too, love it too, but I find it too big for precise contouring. I prefer my darker line sharp, blended on the edges, but still neat and sharp. With the huge F84 it's impossible. Thus I had to buy its smaller brother, P84 and voilá I can draw all my darker lines the way I like them and then apply blush with the F84 :D

This brush is small enough to use for serious contouring, like completely altering one's bone-structure!^^ 
Love it!
It's USD 14, a total winner and must have in my opinion.

Finally the free gift brush: E25 Blending brush


Description: "Oval-shaped brush with gently chiseled sides. Blends and softens the look of powder or cream shadows. Ideal to apply eye shadow primer, base eye shadow colors, and blend harsh lines."

It's actually a mini/travel size (?) and my second piece of it, since this was the same free gift for my first Sigma order too! hehe
This brush is nothing spectacular, sometimes I have to work it stronger to achieve the desired finish, but it does the work and for USD 9! Also, it's handy to carry with yourself.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***