Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer

I should have written this review like aeons ago, yet I just gotten to it now.
In my endless search for the perfect concealer (that covers horrible dark circles and fights the shadow of my glasses at the same time) I reached for MAC too. Of course. HEHE

When the SA matched me ( last fall I think...it's almost a year!) I thought I found the Holy Grail. She then warned me that the texture was thick thus I should lighten it up with eye cream or any moisturizer, plus, mix it with my foundation too. It was quite a weird idea to do all these things to make the concealer work, but I thought she was the expert, then bow my head.
Bad, baaaaad idea!
Before I let you know why it was a bad idea, see what the concealer is like:

A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. Provides a smooth, long-wearing invisible coverage for all skin blemishes. Water-resistant, fragrance-free and non-acnegenic. This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolourations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of Vitamin A and Vitamin E), it also contains Silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a medium to firm fiber brush (try the 242 Brush), a latex sponge, or the fingertips.

"Lightweight"? Bwahahaha
Well, If I applied the same amount as the SA, then the concealer was so heavy that it sat into the fine lines and created frightening white stripes! Yuck! And I haven't even mixed with moisturizer!
I found out it was best to use a veeeeery little amount on dry(!) skin. Not desert dry, but...close....let the eye cream absorb completely.
This way there is minimal creasing and it can't really be seen. In addition, you pat it away with your figertips once and they are gone.

[Sorry for not being able to present an untouched concealer! >.<]

The covering power is good, quite good. It's NW25 and I still find it too yellow, but blended right it's perfect and doesn't make my undereye area ashy like other lighter and pink undertoned concealers do behind my glasses.

To show its coverage I drew a black line with eyeliner.

Sample line:


Concealed line and an extra blot for color comparison:


Yes, the upper half of the line is almost invisible^^ About the same length of line is concealed as what still can be seen.
Quite good IMHO.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***