Saturday, August 8, 2009

Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent (Sensitive Skin)

Been in the nearest drug store a few days ago and since I've seen some good reviews about Clean and Clear's Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser a while ago, like in Jen's blog, I thought I should give it a try. I'm running out of my current cleanser anyway, so it's time for a new one.

Well, the shop didn't carry this item. Of course not. Why would they >_> But since I was there, the temptation won and I had to choose between 2 bottles that caught my eyes. The Cooling Toner and this Deep Cleaning Astringent. In the end I left with the one for sensitive skin. It's not what I wanted but it feels stupid to leave empty-handed, right?

This astringent is formulated to be gentle enough for sensitive skin while still providing a deep clean. It works deep down to the pores to remove dirt, oil and makeup and leaves a refreshingly clean feeling. Plus, it leaves behind a mild pimple fighting medicine to help treat and help prevent acne.
It includes gentle cleansing ingredients, making it ideal for sensitive skin. It also features a small amount of the acne-fighting ingredient Salicylic Acid. This ingredient helps to unclog pores and prevent clogging by helping the skin´s natural renewal process.

Salicylic Acid. Great! Why didn't I see it in the shop?! Then I definitely wouldn't have bought it. I don't want to exfoliate every day!

The ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0.5% (Acne medication), Alcohol (24.5%), Algae Extract, Aloe, Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Benzophenone-4, Blue 1, Denatonium Benzoate, Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine, Fragrance, Glycerin, Isoceteth-20, PEG-32, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Water

I don't have acnes that often anymore, but sometimes some nasty ones stick to me. =D Well, for those i'm putting up with the acid.

How does it perform? Well, I wasn't impressed at first, though it does a good job. Cleanses well, didn't irritate my skin, but my T-zone got oily soon. I have a L'oreal Pure Zone lotion, which prevents large pores and helps with the already existing ones. That isn't for specific skin types, anyone can use it and also contains Salicylic Acid. BUT It never caused me oily skin!

Concerning pore minimizing...I think both product does okay. No big difference there. Okay, Clean & Clear's main point is not that, I know, but if it unclogs them at least tighten the pores! I hate that many products only deep clean pores, then leave it like that. More dirt and oil gets in, which results in even more large pores! ick

I'd say L'oreal wins big time...

Lately, when using Deep Cleaning Astringent some parts of my face sting badly. Especially my cheeks. Maybe it's just periodical, but if it keeps stinging every day i'm gonna stop with this stuff.

All in all, I'm disappointed at this substant. It's for sensitive skin dammit! So don't make me hurt! Definitely won't buy it again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***