Okay, I usually don't do this, but I need your advice. I never run into this problem, yet I ordered online about a gazillion stuffs.
Here is what happened:
- sasa.com had a promotion with free international shipping a while ago. That means GO for me, thus I went and ordered a few things (already on sale hehe). This happened on 12 June (Sun).
- when paying (at the time I placed the order....I don't like to pay later) I chose credit card payment since it's a tiiiiiny bit cheaper than with paypal (think of the PP fees)
- I have a service where I got sms on my mobile whenever anything happens with my bank account. I got one stating that the order amount was deducted. In 1 minute after I clicked the finalizing button on sasa.com.
- The order details says "paid" while the order status says "veryfying payment"
- On 13 Jun (Mon) I got an e-mail stating that they still haven't "heared of" my bank sending the money and I should either send them a copy of my credit card statement or a copy of my credit card!
- 13 Jun was a national holiday for us, banks were closed, etc....and such transactions take time to show up on my balance. So I wasn't worried, thought that during that week it would be solved, they get the money and send my stuffs.
-This week (this is the second week) still nothing showed up on my balance so I went to my bank and asked this whole situation.
- What I got: 1) do not give my card number 2) they checked and the order amount is indeed locked and is waiting to be asked for by Sasa's bank. (this means it's deducted from my balance, can't spend it, etc.) It will stay locked until 26 June. If the other party does not request it by then, I will get it back. (and spend it elsewhere dammit!) 3) since I wasn't the one starting the transaction I don't have any statement/balance copy/whatever about it!
- On 22 June I contacted the costumer service writing down everything in detail...may they not understand the problem...
- On 23 June (Today) I got another e-mail in the style of a computer generated message that says: "