Sunday, October 7, 2012

Worst cleansing oil ever!

Yes, I met the worst cleansing oil ever: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil.

It exist. I never would have belived that a cleansing oil could be so horrible that I'd wish it had never been made. 


I don't even bother to make photos, the stock photo is enough to show you what to stay away from.

Description: "A fresh cleansing oil for oily skin, cleansing thick makeup and impurities with light touch (contains natural rice bran ingredients, mineral oil free)"

Well, by now we all know how cleansing oils work. You pump some into your palm, massage it onto your
dry face, then you add a little water to emulsify it. Massage it a bit more, then rinse it with water. 
The texture of the oil is either thick or lighter, but when emulsified it gets more runny.
Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil on the other hand works the opposit way. It's runny when put on skin and becomes tick and sticky when added some water.

I think it's due to its runny texture that it gets into my nose and mouth (even though I keep it closed!!!) and I have to taste it all the time! bleah~ It does not taste good let me tell you...

The Face Shop claims that this oil removes thick makeup. LIE! It's unable to remove everyday BB creams and light makeup! The towel itself removed more foundation than the oil itself! Horrible! I had to follow up with other cleansers, like foaming or creams to get all makeup and impurities off my skin.

Not to mention it leaves behind an oily residue that also requires other cleansers to remove.

The scent is pleasant however, and the design of the bottle is pretty. I kept it for further usage.

The bottle holds 150ml of cleansing oil and sells around 13-14 USD on ebay.

I say, stay away from The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil! Save your money and spend it on better products!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***