Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scott Barnes Loose Powder (Translucent)


I while ago (for New Year) Strawberry.net held huge sales and I picked up a Scott Barnes loose powder in Translucent. I've been wanting a white powder for a while now, but wasn't sure what to buy.
There's two option:
1) expensive and I don't want to fork out that much
2) cheap but God know what crappy quality.

I want no white cast to my face, nor shiny, glittery powder or something that sits into the fine lines under my eyes....not to mention not holding up against oily forehead.

Well, Scott Barnes Loose Powder holds 9.5g of product and goes about 18-19 dollars on the net.

During the sale I paid 7 USD, but 1% of loyalty discount and 22% "we miss you" applied, so it only cost me $6 and a few pennies....Is that good or is that good?


This loose powder is ultra light & gives transparent finish. Easily clings to skin & creates tender texture. Perfect for highlighting facial features. Leaves skin a beauty glow with vitality.

No shimmer, sitting into lines, cakey finish.



It's quite big, but I don't know, how big a loose powder should be?



I think this pic doesn't help much, does it? It's blended above the white 'stripe".

I'd say this is a perfect loose powder for setting makeup! Concealer and MUFE Aqua Eyes doesn't budge! And they usually travel like hell! HEHE But its oil control power can only be tested during summer >.<
But what do I know...my first encounter with loose setting powders.

For more colors and opinion, check out Rowena's blog, Cosmetic Candy!

Also, Painted Ladies features a short interview with Scott Barnes, where he says his makeup line is giong to be relaunched. But no details yet. I damn well hope it's gonna be rereleased!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***