Friday, October 30, 2009

Poor Limecrime! Or not? Bitches scam!




Have you heared of the drama going on about Limecrime? My main source about the happening is SHE. That's the latest post I'm linking. If you're interested and don't know what's going on, check out her 'Lime Crime' label. Or use our best friend, Google.

So here is this brand, Limecrime,I found a few months ago, and I was taken by its eyedusts immediately. Sadly I didn't buy anything back then, and when I saw they (she, Doe Deere) are coming out with lipsticks, I wanted to wait until the release date. To see if there's any shade that's wearable enough for everyday use.

And that's when it kicked in.

I don't know who started it, but the first comparing swatches I saw were made by Anastasia. She swatched 3 of LM pigments together with some TKB or whatever called cheap pigments. She claimed they were the same colors. By same I mean identical. Now, beat me and my eyes, but they were different enough not to be called identical! Of course they were similar, but seeing it, I wouldn't go hunting down LM, screaming "thief"!
Well, she said the slight difference between the two brands is the uneven lighting and her hand not being flat.
AHA, you bet! You CAN do it so the swatches has the same amount and type of light! Yes, I'm a novice in beauty blogging, but I know that much.....

So, Ana went on, comparing more, others banded up with her and a war broke out between given bloggers and Doe Deere. I kept an eye on the news and became more and more disgusted. Not for LM doing what it does, but for this "let's ruin a brand just becoz we can and have the time and sweetness".

Does LM really resells pigments made by others? It does! Does it change anything of the ingredients? I don't know, and don't even care! Does it sell less amount for way more money? It does. So does many other brands. Even high end, luxury brands do too!

Oh, please, open your eyes! Only those don't know about this who don't want!!!! Let's say Dior (I just came up with a brand, no offense) buys ingredients or half-ready products from a small firm. Dior either change something in it or not, put it in a blinky pretty packaging and sells it for waaaay more.
And does the packaging says it was made that way, or you could buy the same stuff from less? NO! Anyone screaming "thief" at Dior? NO! But we all should know it works like this. With luxury brands we pay for the name, not quality (most of the time).
Have you ever wondered why an XY Japanese brand cream has a label "Made in Japan" if purchased in Japan, and "Made in Italy" if purchased in France? Have you ever checked it?
Because it's cheaper for XY to charge a local business in Italy to make their product there, in Italy then sell it in Europe! (this results in quality difference tho, but this is a different case)

So, the TKB or whatever called ass cheap pigment maker sells the pigment for less in bigger amount in nylon sacs! [I don't want to keep eyeshadows is nylon sacs! And buying pressing stuffs, palettes I'll spend a lot more.] On the other hand Limecrime puts smaller amount into nice packaging and has a better image. Or it used to had.....

Identical (or not) colors aside, does Lime Crime rob you off of your money? hmm...yeah, but so does Dior or any other brand. You could find dupes for every single expensive eyeshadow/lippi!blush/whatever among cheaper or exactly as expensive ones!!!
And you still buy Dior! Why?! Becoz you can? Partly! Because you want the brand!!! The illusion!!!

For God's sake! Dior's headquarters are full of evil people! Just as evil as Doe Deere.....if not more evil!

------------------------------------------

I'm not trying to defend Limecrime! It's up to the owner to do it correctly or not.
I'm just so fed up with people who has nothing better to do but create evidence (true or false, doesn't matter), then spread the word in order to ruin a growing business. For what? Because they feel it's righteous? Or they are simply spiteful? Makes them feel good to see others fail?
Should I continue?
Anyway, there's too much complacence in Ana's posts, so I'm considering quit being a follower of hers.
One can write whatever in her own blog. It's her right. And my right is to decide to read/agree or not.

If this goes on, I will decide!


NOTE: I do LOVE Dior and everything they make. I let myself being robbed off in order to own anything "Christian Dior". I guess that's why this was the first brand coming to my mind. I'm not accusing them with anything! Other brands will do........
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments:

***